It’s always a question to ask as a blogger. That is, where to promote a blog post after publishing?
And new bloggers often face this problem.
Only publishing a good quality post isn’t enough to build a successful blogging business.
You can’t expect that you publish a blog post and people will come naturally to read that post.
It doesn’t happen that way.
Instead, you need to invite people to come to your blog and read the post.
This is the only way to get blog traffic.
Expert content marketers say that if you spend 20% of your time to create a blog post, you have to spend 80% of your time to promote that post.
Then, where should you promote your blog post after publishing?
There are many ways and platforms to promote your post after publishing. Such as social media platforms, question-answering sites, forums, social bookmarking sites, etc.
I’ll describe most of the ways in this post. So that you can easily start promoting your blog posts after publishing without spending a dime.
I’ll also describe how to participate in each platform for maximum exposure.
So, let’s begin.
Where To Promote Your Blog Posts After Publishing?
Although I’ll describe many ways to promote your blog post after publishing, you need to define your own content marketing strategy.
It depends on your efforts and available time.
As a blogger, you may not have much time to focus on each platform. So, you need to select some platforms first and then extend your content marketing mission from there.
This is the best strategy.
So, let’s see where you can start.
1. Email marketing
This is the most effective way to promote your newly published post. And it converts high.
But, for email marketing, you need to build your email list first.
As a beginner blogger, you may don’t have many subscribers on your list. So, focus on list building from the beginning of your blogging journey.
You can use MailChimp for list building. It’s free up to 2000 subscribers.
The subscribers on your list are your asset and they are your loyal readers. So, you should promote your newly published post to your email subscribers first.
You don’t have to do it manually. You can automate the process using MailChimp’s automation feature.
If you send more than one email to your subscribers, that can irritate them. So, it is best to send one email in a day.
So, if you publish more than one post in a day, it won’t be wise to send an email for every post. You can send a daily or weekly newsletter.
2. Facebook page
Facebook is a social media platform. It can be your favorite channel to promote your newly published post.
Let’s see some statistics that why Facebook is still a top marketing channel for bloggers. It has more than One billion active daily users and 82 percent of them are 18-to-29-year-olds.
Keep the following things in mind while promoting your blog post on Facebook –
- A Facebook post can contain up to 10000 characters but only first 480 are visible and the rest are hidden under See More link.
- Fewer than 50 characters are more engaging.
- The best times to post on Facebook are from 1 to 4 PM, 6 to 10 PM, and on weekends.
- Ideal posting-frequency: Once a day.
How To Use Facebook To Promote Your Blog Post After Publishing?
You can use your Facebook profile, Facebook business page, and Facebook groups to promote your blog post.
In my case, I like to keep my Facebook profile personal. But you can promote your blog post on Facebook profile too to let your friends know about your newly published post.
When doing so, don’t overdo this. Because your friends can be boring.
But it is better to create a dedicated Facebook business page for your blog.
Use the followings while promoting your blog post on Facebook page after publishing-
- Consider uploading an image and putting your post link in the text field.
- Add personal and engaging comments.
- Invite readers to share their opinion.
- Share your blog post once for initial promotion on the publishing day.
- Reshare the blog post on 2nd month and 6th month. You can schedule the post on your Facebook page.
3. Facebook group
You can create your own Facebook group and engage your readers on that group by sharing helpful tips and asking for help from them.
You can sometimes promote your newly published post on the group. But don’t overdo this.
The real gem is to use other popular Facebook groups for your post promotion.
You can join as many groups as you want. But my recommendation is to join in a few. So that you can engage with the community.
How to use Facebook groups for post promotion?
After joining popular Facebook groups, read the group’s rule carefully. Because, if you don’t follow the rules, you might be banned by group admin.
Do the followings while participating on Facebook groups-
- Help group members by answering their questions.
- Ask help (if you need).
- Participate in weekly promotion thread to promote your newly published post.
- Don’t just drop link and run away. Engage with group members, share their post, and comment on their blogs.
4. Use the power of Micro-Blogging site TWITTER
Twitter is a micro-blogging site as well as a social media platform. You can use this platform to promote your blog posts.
It is better to create a separate twitter account for your blog. You can use your personal Twitter account too. But having a dedicated twitter account will keep your followers engaged.
With 330 million monthly active users, Twitter can be one of the top marketing platforms. 32 percent of users are 18 to 29 years old and 22 percent of them are 30 to 49-year-olds.
Twitter has a 140 character limit. So whatever you want to share, you have to keep that under 140 characters. But the ideal character amount is 70 to 100.
Keep the following things in mind while promoting your blog post on Twitter –
- Include an image for increasing engagement while sharing your blog post link.
- Add personalized comments with the link.
- Use hashtags related to your blogging niche. You can use Hashtagify to find popular hashtags.
- Best time to tweet: 8 to 10 AM, 11 AM to 1 PM, and after work from 4 to 7 PM.
- The lifespan of a tweet is about 18 minutes. So, you can tweet more than once a day.
- The ideal posting frequency is 15 times a day. But I tweet my blog post three times a day and three to six tweets from other blogs.
- Engage with influencers and your own followers.
How to promote your blog post on Twitter after publishing
I do the followings –
- On the day of publishing, I craft 3 separate tweets that I’ll publish at different times.
- I tweet three posts from my archive every day.
- I use Buffer to schedule my tweets.
5. Wildly use Pinterest to get targeted traffic
With 200 million active monthly users, Pinterest can be a great marketing platform for you. In Pinterest, 36 percent of users are 18 to 29 years old and 34 percent users are 30 to 49 years old. 70% of total Pinterest users are women.
Keep the following things in mind while promoting your blog posts on Pinterest –
- Write pin description. The character limit is 500.
- Use your main keyword in the post description.
- Use hashtags.
- The best time to post on Pinterest is from 12 to 2 PM and 7 to 10 PM. Also, post on weekends.
- Ideal posting-frequency: 5-30 pins a day.
How To Promote Your Blog Posts On Pinterest After Publishing
I’m sharing my Pinterest strategy. Do the followings –
- Once your post goes online, pin it to your most relevant board first.
- Then go to that board and save that pin to all of the relevant boards on your profile.
- Save the pin to group boards throughout the week.
- Make sure repin others content too.
6. LinkedIn company page
With more than 500 million users, LinkedIn is the largest social network for professionals. 61 percent of them are 30 to 64 years old.
To grow your blog traffic, you should use the power of LinkedIn.
It is better to create a separate company page on LinkedIn for your blog marketing.
Keep the following things in mind while promoting your blog post on LinkedIn company page-
- The update can contain around 600 characters and text beyond the first 150 will be truncated.
- Make your text personal and engaging.
- Sharing a blog post with an image and a link works best on LinkedIn.
- Ask questions or encourage readers to interact.
- The best times to post on LinkedIn are 8 to 10 AM and 4 to 6 PM.
- Ideal posting-frequency: At least once a week but not more than once a day.
- Share your blog post once for the initial promotion. Repeat your post once a week and then reduce that rate to every 2 to 3 months on your LinkedIn profile, but not on your page.
How to promote your blog post on LinkedIn company page after publishing
As I publish one post a week, I just share the post once on my LinkedIn company page with a personal text and the post link.
7. LinkedIn group
You will find many groups on LinkedIn where similar minded people gather to share their knowledge and get help.
Participating in those groups can be a great source of blog traffic.
Read more: How to Use LinkedIn to Drive Traffic to Your Blog (WishPond)
Instagram has one billion monthly active users and 59 percent of them are 18 to 29 years old. So, it can be a great marketing platform for your blog.
Keep the following things in mind while promoting your blog post on Instagram –
- Share square size image. The ideal size is 1080 x 1080 pixels.
- Post Character Limit: 2,200
- Hashtags are important on Instagram. You can add up to 30 hashtags.
- Use the keyword of your blog post as a hashtag.
- The ideal length for captions is 138-150 characters, with 5-10 hashtags.
- The best times to post on Instagram are midday and in the evening after work.
- The ideal posting frequency is five times a week.
How to promote your blog post on Instagram after publishing?
To promote your blog post on Instagram, start by sharing your feature image.
You should also use Instagram stories to promote your blog
9. Use The Traffic Driving Machine QUORA
Quora is a Q&A platform where anyone can ask questions and answer questions.
You can use the power of quora to promote your blog post.
It isn’t like other social media platforms where you just share your post link.
Instead, you need to write helpful answers to questions.
It is like guest blogging where you write answers to question which will be viewed by already engaged visitors on the Quora platform.
Keep the following things in mind while promoting your blog post on Quora –
- Find questions that are related to your blogging niche.
- Answer questions with a lot of upvotes.
- Answer questions that haven’t been answered yet or only have one or two answers.
- Write helpful and detailed answers.
How to promote your blog post on Quora after publishing
As I said above quora isn’t as other social media platform. So, you can’t directly promote your newly published post on it.
In my case, whenever I publish a post on my blog, I just head over to Quora and search for related questions to answer. I just write a helpful answer to one of those questions and link back to my blog wherever possible.
Read More: How to Use Quora to Boost Your Blog Traffic?
Writing a blog post takes a lot of time. You’ve created an awesome content with a lot of efforts and invested a lot of time in that. If you’ve already built up your blogging community, that’s nice. You’ll get some readers to read your awesome content.
If you don’t get readers to read that post, that’s frustrating.
What If, I tell you that you can republish your published post on a platform that already has a large number of engaged readers.
That’s the medium.
You can republish your post on medium and link back to your blog.
That way you’ll get more readers.
11. Slide Share
Slideshare is a social media with 60 million monthly visitors. It’s one of the most popular visual sharing media in the world. You can share documents like PDFs, PowerPoint presentations, videos, documents, and others.
To present your blog post to larger audiences as well as to get some favors from search engines, you should include SlideShare in your content marketing strategy.
When using SlideShare for your blog promotion, keep the following things in mind-
- Use images that stand out.
- Having a less and clear text on slides engage viewers more.
- Insert a link back to the post you are promoting on SlideShare.
How to promote your blog post on SlideShare after publishing
In every blog post, you definitely have some key points which your readers take away after reading the post.
Create some slides on PowerPoint using those key points. And upload those slides on SlideShare. In the last slide, add the link of the post you’re promoting.
It’s better to create slides at the time of writing your posts when the idea is fresh on your mind. It’ll increase your productivity and you can create slides with less effort.
12. Use the power of OUTREACH to promote your blog post after publishing
Outreach is the most effective way to promote blog posts for a new blog as new blogs don’t have many social followers.
In outreach, you can use someone else’s social followers. You just need to find influencers in your blogging niche. And ask them to promote your post on their social media.
When outreaching to promote your post, keep the following things in mind –
- Build relationships with influencer bloggers before outreaching.
- Comment on their blogs frequently.
- Share their post on your social media.
How to Promote Your Post After Publishing By Outreaching
There are many ways for outreaching. I’m sharing the easiest and effective way of outreach. Beginners can apply this technique too.
When we write blog posts, we often need to link to some sources. If you don’t practice this, you’re missing a lot. Try to link to some authority bloggers in your blogging niche from your blog post.
Once your post is published you can now start outreaching.
Get the email address of the blogger who you linked from your post and sent an email asking to share your post on their social media. Don’t forget to tell them that you’ve linked them from your post as well as include the link of your blog post.
It seems that promoting a blog post after publishing is a lot of works.
It really is.
Beginner bloggers often become overwhelmed due to this lot of works. If you want to try all the ways of promoting blog posts at once, you’ll become overwhelmed too.
The best strategy is to take one or two ways to promote your posts. Once you become familiar with the ways, try to include another way in your promotion strategy.
Which promotional ways send you most visitors? Please share in the comments below…